1 cake mix
- make cake mix as directed by recipe. Vanilla or milk chocolate work very well.
- After the cake cools, poke holes in it with a fork
1 cp condensed milk
1 cp heavy cream
1 cp evaporated milk
- Mix the 3 milks together and pour over the top of the cake. For best results, let sit overnight.
2 cp heavy cream
bakers sugar (to taste)
mexican vanilla (to taste)
- I usually blend the heavy cream till it's think (see video if you aren't sure) and then add a little sugar and vanilla at a time (mix & taste until just right)
- I typically top with fruit of some sort. Some combinations that I've tried.....
- fresh pineapple and toasted coconut
- fresh strawberries with mint (can either chunk it or puree and blend with frosting)
- raspberries and mexican chocolate shavings
This is the original recipe/video I used for my tres leches recipe. I have added a few modifications that I've noted above.